Old September 30th 16, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Iowna checks things out

Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Iowna meets the leader. Finding the issue is low food, she dumps per
backpack and explains, they will bring all the food they need, plus
LOTS extra for the folks here. Meantime, Cash looks about and is
glad he snagged some extra food. He dumps his backpack with it's
emergency stack of 5 cans of Fancy Feast and 5 of larger dog food
types.

[Sammy 'ports to the canyon and spots Iowna, Daisy-chan, Cash, Pete,
and the Siamese sisfurs and is startled to see that the bobcat is an
orange (ginger) tabby. He figures that must be a good sign, since
orange tabbies MUST be good folks. He approaches the bobcat.]

Hello, Mister Bobcat, sir. Mine name is Sam, and I'z a
repurresentative of FluffyKitz Catering. I hear from Iowna dat youz
guys could use some help wif your food supply. I bringed along a
special freight teleporter dat is linked directly to the FluffyKitz
warehouse, so'z we can git bunches an bunches of fudz here fast.

I see dat dere is a few of youz bobcats, an a couple bears, and a
bunch of bunnies and skwirls an birds an lizzards an snakes. We'z
gotz lots of fudz fur all deze aminals, and I'll be glad to bring a
whole bunch of goodies through. It looks like Iowna an Cash is
setting up some tents fur supplies an stuff, an we'z gotz a nice TED
available to help any aminals dat got hurted.

A young filly, not full grown yet, leads her sire who was burned in the
face, to Sammy. There's no help for the lost eye (and the other is
fine) but he thinks the blind one is now infected and he should see a
TED. Carefully perched on his back is an armadillo with 2 burned feet
when she had to run for it. They aren't too bad and will heal in time,
but they hurt to walk on for now. She's soaked them a little in a cool
stream but knows she can't do that too much or the pads will soften and
get infected. One of the other Bobcats comes up and lifts her down
along with her 2 babies, to sit on a pillow they made of spare hair
from the 2 sheep that made it up to safety.

The Sire took the worst damage with loss of an eye due to sparks. The
rest just need food and have recovered, or are well on the way to it.
The TED comes up with a soft voice and examines the Sire. The eye
indeed, needs to come out. He calls for Iowna and situates her so he
can see the enucleated side and explains the procedure. Iowna assures
him it will never hurt again and about 3-4 days later, he will feel a
LOT better. He looks at his little filly, only half a year old, and
nods. He sets up his tent for a horse and has him resting as the
anesthesia takes hold, then checks the Armadillo.

Looking, he sees she's wisely taken care of herself. He pulls out some
natural herbs that provide a little numbness then adds an ice cube. He
has her rub her sore toes in alternation on the ice cube. As it melts,
the herbs numb her paw pads enough to be comfortable. He adds a little
marigold for it's natural antibiotic properties. He shows her how to
cup just what fits in her paw for a single dose over an ice cube. She's
to do this in the morning, once again when the sun sets, and then
sometime in the middle of the night, for the next 4 days. Sam nods,
they have plenty of ice.

Going back into the tent, he takes care of the Sire. It goes well and
he will be up and about in an hour or so. While waiting, he makes up a
fruit jelly concoction to wrap his pain killers in. He's to take them
4 times a day. Sam nods and sets up a timer schedule.