Old September 8th 03, 02:43 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Cathy Friedmann composed with style:
I was reading Leslie's post & thinking: well, the baby isn't going
to be a baby forever, or in reality, even for long - will be a
toddler, then 2, then 3 yrs. old & in the process will be taught &
will learn how to act around Inky, the cat. IOW - it's a temporary
problem, not a permanent one. Tons of babies have grown up in the
midst of cats &/or dogs.

Cathy

I also think that babies shouldn't have the run of the house and
should be contained more than a cat should be. With my own (we didn't
even have pets at the time) he was restrained to the room we were in
when he was crawling. Baby gates.