Old June 7th 18, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Default Happy Buffyversary!

On 6/7/2018 3:44 PM, jmcquown wrote:
It's been 3 years since Buffy's former owner, Carol Morgan, passed away.
Â*There was an invitation on the online community where I live for
adopting her cats.Â* She had a Tonkinese (or was it a Burmese?) cat that
bullied Buffy and some other cat (never heard much about it).

Buffy was the orange stripey girl who hid under the glass dining room
table when I went over to meet her.Â* I suckered her into a Sherpa
carrier with some some wet cat food.Â* I was told the Burmese was a bully
cat.Â* It was obvious he wanted attention, so the caregiver shut him in
the sunroom.Â* Let's get you away from Frankie the bully cat!

When I got Buffy home, at first hid for a bit under my bed.Â* I talked
her through here's the food and water, the litterbox.Â* I left her under
the bed.Â* Next time I looked for her she had left under the bed.

I found her hiding on a chair under the dining room table.Â* I tapped my
fingers on the floor.Â* Hey kittie!Â* She jumped down and I gave her
scritches.Â* I promised her, there no other cats here to bully you.Â* She
figured out right away, no other cats.Â* During the night she came up on
the bed and slept with me.

Happy Aoption Day, Buffy. Â* I love you very much.Â* You went from being
a shy cat to a cat to a cat that loves to play.Â* And a total purring
love bug.

Jill

Isn't it lovely to watch, and help, a scairdy-cat come out of his or her
shell?

Congratulations to both of you!

Joy