Old August 25th 03, 11:13 PM
Hopitus2

Vulcan mind-meld! This Trekkie wants to inform you that that move is called
the "stiff-arm" in the NFL and is quite effective for keeping others out of
your face (or food bowl, whatever)......

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
: LOL!!!
:
: "JHBennett" wrote in message
: ...
: Has to mean something in basic CAT. White Stocking, our feral Tom, was
: nose deep in a can of food when up pops a No. 2 sized kitten, offering
: help him finish it off. I expected the kitten to get a hiss or a whack
: but,
: instead, WS just put a paw on the kid's head and held it there. Said
: kitten
: acted as though paralyzed, until WS removed the paw. Perhaps the
practice
: is somehow related to the Vulcan *mind meld.*
: Jack
:
: "Marina" wrote in message
: ...
: The other day, the cats were having one of their fights. The funniest
: one
: I've seen for a long time (they play-fight, never hurt each other).
:
: It started with the usual stare match - who dares to stare longer at
the
: other. The one who looks away loses. Heads down, ears back, glaring
from
: under their brows.
:
: Then one lifts a paw, slowly, slowly, holds it suspended in the air
for
: a
: moment, then slowly, slowly brings it down on the other's forehead.
I'm
: not
: even sure if there was an impact, certainly not a hard one at that
pace.
: Then slowly, slowly sets the paw back down. Then the other brings its
: paw
: up
: slowly, slowly. Brings it down on the other's forehead, slowly,
slowly.
: And
: so on and on. And each time one lifts a paw for a slow-motion bap on
the
: other's head, the other one just stands there, frozen to the spot,
: glaring
: under their brows.
:
: I suppose neither one wanted to look away. Finally, they just went
their
: separate ways. Wish all cat fights were like this.
:
: --
: Marina
: