Old June 14th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Can you name a cat DUKE?

"Bridget" wrote in message
I don't know what my meezers name was before I got him, but the name
that keeps coming to me for him is "Duke". He is a large cat - very
long and very tall and probably weighs in at close to 13 pounds. His
whole stance is BIG and his attitude is surly although in reality, he
is a sweetie. He will sometimes cuss like a sailor if I pick him up to
hold him, but no matter what I do to him, he never struggles against.
He just makes it sound like he is going to slash my throat with his
non-existent claws or bite the crap out of me. And then once I sit
down with him, he purrs like crazy. Talked about mixed messages.

I've had him six days now and the only name that keeps coming through
consistently is Duke. It just seems like that is a dogs name and
shouldn't be used on a cat. Opinions please. Is Duke an okay cat name?

Yes, of course. I know a cat named Rover, as a matter of fact.

Actually, he sounds a lot like a dog I knew named Duke, pronounced "DOOK."
DOOK was a pitbull with a permanent scowl, who loved kittens.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net