Old June 5th 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Kitten/older cat update

"Cheryl" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote in message
Back in November we adopted the 8-week-old Bella, a rambunctious and
funny black shorthair with a few tortoiseshell markings. Our Gracie is
now nearly 11, and had been slowing down, sleeping more, etc.

I know she has a long time ahead of her of sleeping in the sun and playing
with her new sister.

Thanks, Cheryl, I really hope she does. Gracie is the sweetest cat I have
ever known.

One of the best tips, if you are an affectionate, hands-on cat person:
make sure you make a serious effort to make over, love on, pet, give
treats to, your older cat every single time you do so for the kitten. Pay
her extra attention, the kitten will not mind. I think this has helped
Gracie adapt to the baby.

Good advice. I'm so glad this has worked out for you all! It's amazing
sometimes, isn't it, how they can surprise us!

It's really true. I love getting to know their different personalities. You
know, I almost walked out of the SPCA with a baby boy at the same time we
got Bella, he was an orange tabby. But he hissed at Bella and my FIL
talked me out of it. For me, I think it was the right thing, because this
was my first kitten. Two would have been a little much.