Old January 10th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Default Arrrgh! Frozen water pipes! (sorta ot)

It got down to a balmy -13.5 F here in frozen central New York, and our
water pipes froze. I discovered it when I went to get the cats some
fresh water - I am not a happy camper! We had some spring water so the
crew got some clean water, and now I am melting snow for flushing. This
also happened about 3 years ago, and we almost caught the house on fire
trying to get them thawed. I kept telling DH that someone needed to get
under there and insulate the pipes, but he didn't take the hint. (very
low crawl space) According to the daughter of the people who owned the
house before, there used to be an access door to that part of the
crawlspace in the kitchen, but the company who 'remodeled' the house
before we bought it covered it up with luan and vinyl flooring. We have
all the cabinet doors open to (hopefully) let some of the heat from
inside get to the pipes.

The cats are wondering what their old water dish is doing on top of the
kerosene heater, what that white stuff in it is, and why does it make
hissing noises?

I just love this! (NOT)

Mishi