Old January 30th 05, 07:15 PM
KellyH

"Margaret S." wrote in message
That's why I specified "some indoor/outdoor situations." An intact or
vasectomied tom, ime, cannot be an indoor-only cat; he needs a good deal
of
time outside to do his spraying and other male stuff.

It is completely irresponsible to allow an intact tom to roam outside.

As I said at my site:
"Sometimes neutering [a tomcat] will prevent or lessen [spraying],
sometimes
not. Vasectomy will NOT lessen it; a vasectomied tom will still behave
like
a full, intact tom."
And:
"Another problem [besides spraying] is that, tho some male dogs can be
satisfied with one mate, and one tom can be enough for a female cat, an
intact or vasectomied tomcat will probably need a harem of at least two or
three intact females or more to keep him happy."

If a vasectomied tom still has all the intact behaviors, why do it? I don't
get it.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net