Old August 9th 05, 01:39 AM
Betsy

You might want to ask your vet some questions.

Most cats, but especially older ones, need to have bloodwork done before
going under anesthesia. One of the things that can be affected is the
kidneys--if they are already in bad shape, the anesthesia can push the cat
over the edge.

Did your vet suggest pre-surgical bloodwork? If not, I'd think seriously
about taking his advice now. You probably ought to make some calls and find
a better vet.

"Nik" wrote in message
Hi all. My cat had 3 teeth pulled 2 weeks ago and he was doing great until
Thursday night when he started vomiting all over the place. Took him back
to the vet and was told that levels of something (sorry, I forget what the
word was) in his kidneys was a little high when they did blood tests. So
he wants Willie on a low protien diet. What I want to know is what is the
best low protien food (dry and wet) there is out there that I could start
him on? Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Nikki

--
When anger finds a safe place, a bit of heaven falls.-- Robert Fuerste