Old April 5th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping Melissa

Shiral wrote:
Pan Update: I think it's going to be tomorrow, everyone. Pan is telling
me in the clearest way that a cat can that he is ready to go. I didn't
believe him last week, but I do, now. I'm still not ready for this, but
I am closer to ready than I was last week. Pan hasn't eaten anything
since yesterday morning, and is very quiet and listless. I've been
trying to coax him to eat with his favorite treat foods, but it is
not working. Last night, he didn't even want a bite of my broiled
chicken which was normally his favorite. Even when I held a tidbit
right under his nose, he just turned his head away, and the result is
the same this morning. I would take him in today, except that I have to
work noon to nine, and I don't want to be bawling in front of library
patrons. Tomorrow, I won't have to be at work until five p.m. which
will give me some time to collect myself before I have to face the
public. So please, more purrs for my old dear as he prepares to cross
the Rainbow Bridge.

I feel so sad for you, but you have to believe it's the best thing you
can do for Pan. I am so sorry. Hugs and purrs on the way for you both.
tears

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi