Old February 10th 08, 08:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Everett is confused about mirrors

wrote:
LOL, tonight I was throwing a ball for Everett. The closet doors in my
bedroom (big floor-to-ceiling sliding doors) are mirrored, and they
really confound him. If the ball lands in front of the mirror, he
stands over it, looking first at the real ball, and then at the reflection
of the ball, not sure which one to bat at. And then he sees himself. OMG,
there's a *cat*! The first time I brought him into the bedroom, he was
quite alarmed, but I think by now he's figured out that the "other cat"
is no threat. But it still stops him for a second every time he sees
himself. And then, there's that other human! (ie, my reflection.) Yikes,
so many things in that room.

lol. i don't have any full-length mirrors, so the cats haven't
experienced that, but when i have the blinds shut and the lights on, you
can see you reflection in the window. caliban is sometimes riveted in
one place, staring at the kitty in the window for ages.