Old March 22nd 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

Default Found Some Blood on the Floor

Well, here we are again, worrying about Max.

It is after 12:00 pm and the vets office is closed now. I am going to
give them a call anyway...

But, does anyone know what this could be?

Max is the kitty that just had the surgery for the crystals in his
urine, and he is very nicely healed up now. His fur is beginning to
grow back and he is starting to look normal again - just to give you
an idea of how long ago the surgery was...

We have two cats, and both use all the litterboxes in the house.

I found what appears to be about a dime sized bit of blood smeared on
the floor of the bathroom (looked to be diluted possibly with urine,
it wasn't bright red) and also a drop of blood about a foot away from
the same litterbox.

I strongly suspect Max is the culprit but there is no way for me to
know for sure... But I have not detected any blood in the litterbox. I
am about to go downstairs to clean it out and will double check at
that time.

I don't know where the blood might have come from, neither Max nor
Butterball normally "miss" the litterbox.

What I mean to say is that I have no idea if the blood is from, maybe
a wound, or from using the litterbox? Does that make sense?