Old July 25th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Update. Was: And here I thought we were through with this...

Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (7/22/2009 8:57 PM):
First, Meep hopped into the tub this morning, hopped straight out
shaking wet feet and I laughed... I didn't realize she was trying to
tell me something. When she tried to pee in my "shred box" I got a
clue, checked the litterbox - couple of good pees, but on top, two or
three quarter-sized spots.

DAMN! Another Cystitis attack!

So I stayed home from work to wait until the vet opened up. Fortunately,

Meep went and spent the day at the vet today. Diagnosis: Cystitis and
a UTI. Antibiotics for 14 days! Extra painkillers for three! Meep is
a pretty unhappy kitty. Techs reported she spent a lot of time hissing.
Vet told me someone put a barky dog underneath her, but when they saw
how upset that made her, they moved the dog. Good Vet, thank you!

I feel bad for waiting, though in my defense it seemed like she was
fine, until this morning when there was many more tiny spots, and they
were red. That's when she was whisked off to the vet. The only
available appointment was too late in the day for me to make it (I was
acting boss at work today), so I had to drop her off when they opened
and leave her there the whole day.

She's out on the deck again, so hopefully she'll relax some, she's a bit
more stressed than normal.

Poor Meep.

jmc