Old July 24th 03, 10:26 PM
Karen Chuplis

And for how long does one have to force feed until they are likely to eat
out of their own accord again?

Totally variable. I will say that one thing I did when my girl wouldn't eat:
if she wouldn't let me syringe it into her mouth (most of the time she did
and I was shocked as she is a squirmer) i would squirt it onto her paws a
little at a time and she would lick it off. I'd squirt some more, she'd lick
it off. We just did until the syringe was empty. I actually got her back to
the plate that way. I'd put a plate nearby and get the squirt lick thing
going and gradually, I squirt/licked her over to the dish. Pretty well
started eating on her own after that. I will say I have a cat tree that is
just the right height for this sort of thing and it made it easier as well.
For one thing, carpet meant she didn't slip around during feedings. Two, she
was comfortable there and three, it was a lot easier to contain her and keep
her from jumping down prematurely.

Karen

I hope Mitzi is better soon!

Andrea