Old January 11th 04, 05:32 AM
Marina

Default Speaking of strings...

I had bought a new shirt. The only problem with it was that it had some
stupid strings at the cuffs. I took them out and was going to bin them, but
then realised they had great cat toy potential. Nikki does quite like the
String Monster, but Frank goes positively wild when he sees it dangling in
front of his nose or wiggling past him on the bed! It's so nice to see the
old boy get so excited about something, and playing like a kitten. He leaps
and pounces and runs after it and jumps and... generally goes bananas over
it.

Just now I threw down the string on the floor for him. He pounced and then
pulled on one end of it. Lo and behold; the other end moved! Now I could see
the little wheels in his furry little head churning, churning, "if I let go
of this end to pounce on the other end, will it get away?" He pulled on the
one end again, and the other end moved again. He couldn't resist it, but
pounced on the other end with one paw while trying to hold the first end
down with another paw.

I am proud to report that he managed to subdue both ends of the string, and
is now taking a well-earned nap after his successful hunt.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki