Old January 26th 05, 12:22 AM
badwilson

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2005-01-22, CK penned:

I just did a quick search on Google with the words "osteoporosis

likely
obese thin". There is plenty of info on the net on big ppl not

getting
osteoporosis as easily as thin ones, but here's one example:

http://www2.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases...teoporosis.htm

QUOTE People with a BMI of 21 or less have a higher rate of bone

loss than
those who are heavier, and obese people have lower rates of bone

loss than
those who are ideal weight. UNQUOTE

A BMI of 21 is on the low end of normal ... but imo the BMI thing is

a copout,
anyway. A bodybuilder will have a high BMI because they have a lot

of muscle,
not because they are fat. Percentage of body fat is a much more

useful
number, but is harder to measure.

LOL! I just wrote an almost identical post. I wrote it before I read
this one, honest ;-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's