Old January 27th 05, 11:45 AM
badwilson

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2005-01-26, badwilson penned:

Yes, I agree. BMI is way too inaccurate, especially for anyone

with
muscles. A personal trainer should know that, but sadly nowadays
anyone can call themselves a personal trainer.
It would be much more useful to go by bodyfat %age, but of course
bodyfat is difficult to measure accurately and cheaply.

No kidding! And bodyfat gets more difficult the more fat you

actually have.
I bought a caliper and even built myself a spreadsheet with the

appropriate
formulae, but getting the same spot is tricky, and you really have

to have
someone else do the measuring, so I had to rope Eric into doing it

for me.

Honestly, I don't need a caliper at this point to know I need to

lose fat. (I
wish I could eradicate the term "lose weight" from the English

language. It's
so misleading!)

IMO the best way to tell if you're losing bodyfat is to see what

pants fit
around your waist, and how snugly. Legs can be problematic if

you're doing a
lot of work with them, though ...

Yes, I use the pants test too. Or how much of a roll I can grab below
my belly button. Ick.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's