Old June 15th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default Naming & Shaming those who abuse cats

On 15 Jun, 16:36, goyangi tan wrote:
On Jun 15, 11:19 am, sheelagh wrote:

Reading this article seems all too common & sad as well. If only
everyone who abused cats were subject to international scrutiny,
perhaps they would think twice before doing this terrible act. It is
beyond my comprehension as to why anyone would feel the need to
perform this despicable act on defenseless kittens and cats

I'm so pleased to see that just for once, the RSPCA are not going to
accept this ruling lying down. It annoys me that all of their funds
and donations have to be used for prosecuting morons like this, but if
that is what it takes, then let them all be named and shamed. It is
exactly what they deserve.....

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...912684-5001028,...

I agree completely. Let's start by shaming an admitted cat abuser
right here in this newsgroup:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...av/msg/79a6cbb...

Oh Nick...
I am so pleased that you are finally showing a real concern for the
cats involved in Cat-Abuse cases. As you were so kind to respond, It
would be rude of me not to recognize your contribution, & I wouldn't
want that. Animal abuse is a very serious issue, so the better
promoted it is, the more people there are to take action if they
honestly feel there is a case to be answered for, & the better off
cats will be...

Thank you for highlighting the case you presented. I took particular
care to read the facts presented so that I could make a dispassionate
conclusion before responding to you. Having read it several times, I
can't find a single reason to report the person who posted this
comment. The reason for this is because there is threat there. The
facts, are clear.
I thought the others might benefit from a post all of your own. I find
it helps new members to know who you really are.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/soc...81ce04d7c6d66e

I thought this post was regarding a controversial case of abuse that
the rest of the members would like to share. It is good news that @
last, a Judge has recognised the rights of the cat.
THIS IS GOOD NEWS,
Not your personal drop in trolling group

Whether you like the individual concerned here, or not is irrelevant.
If any of us thought for one moment that he was in serious danger of
committing such a crime;any single one of us.

The least desirable comment, freely offered opinion that I could find,
was this:

I broke bad! yes I did.
I grabbed Lucy by the nap of the neck and showed her what ugly was

My point is, it's never the cats fault, cats will take as much

advantage as you give them

All I could read here, was a man who had a bad hair day here, & he was
direct enough & honest about how he felt.. He was annoyed @ the time,
& was venting.
I think we all have moments like that.( Maybe you don't?)....

If you would care to inspect the passage again., I think you will find
that he might have felt that way, but that doesn't prove a case for
very unsavoury innuendo's, & deformation of character. He didn't say
he hurt them, merely an opinion as to why he felt that way. Can you?

Here is the proof

My point is, it's never the cats fault, cats will take as much
advantage as you give them

I don't see any threat involved here.

I think that he is offering an insight in the way he saw it @ the
time. I don't think it insinuates anything, & the other point is that
you don't like him. To offer this to the group simply shows you up to
be the group **** stirring Troll you really are.

This is not abuse. He didn't say he hurt them either.

S.