Old August 14th 13, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Sick cat

wrote:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:19:01 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

We feed a stray cat. He isn't really a stray, because we have seen
him go into another house down the block. But since he has no collar
or chip, we suspect they don't own him either. At any rate, he is
sick. His thyroids aren't working properly

How have you diagnosed that?

IOW, I
would prefer to just catch him, put him in a cat carrier, call the
roving vet, get him operated on, and let him go without ever telling
anyone else about it. What do you guys think?

I think removing his thyroid is a death sentence if you are not
prepared to give him thyroid supplements the rest of his life.

No. I thought that too, bfore we had Junie's thyroid removed. But with cats,
they don't really need their thyroid glands. My wife has no thyroid, and she
has to take medicine for the rest of her life, or sleep 20 hours a day. Cats
sleep 20 hours a day anyway, and get along fine without any thyroid glands.