Old August 15th 11, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Cats and hummingbirds

On Aug 15, 11:57*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I have a tall cat tree with a platform on the top. *It's about two feet
from a window. *Outside the window are two large hummingbird feeders.
The hummers are swarming around the feeders. *Tiger seems to have no
interest in watching them (Amber is not able to get up there). *Wouldn't
you think he would be interested?

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

It's funny the things they ignore when I think it is something they'll
just go
nuts over. We are having a grasshopper plague, and sometimes as
we come in the door, a grasshopper or two get in the house. I swear,
the
cats (all of them)....just look at it like "ewwww."
I have a hummer feeder too; last year I remember they did like waching
it.
This year has been so dry that the honeybees have nothing to forage,
and
they've taken over the feeder.

Sherry