Old January 13th 05, 02:33 AM
Dan M

completion, and charged the client $100,000 for the job. I was given it a
few days ago and told the roll-out date is February 1, 2005! I've been
working 16-hour days and this is the first time I've forced myself to take a
break to come read the group a bit.

That is insane! Why do these people never have an understanding of the
amoutn of effort and time needed to develop large projects like that?

You most definitely have my sympathy and understanding. I don't have to
deal with the insane workload you do since nobody expects truck drivers
to do anything more than drive. But I do know what it's like to have to
get by on much less income than usual. This driving job will end up
paying about 1/3 of what I used to make as a programmer. Definitely sucks.

You, too, will be on my purr list.