Old October 4th 09, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Holiday Cards (Felinitations)

On Oct 3, 3:13*pm, "Adrian" wrote:
moonglow minnow wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
"Yowie" wrote:

Would referring to this mailing ritual many of us indulge in as the
"Annual Greeting Card Exchange" work for you, or have I put my foot
in it again?

I would be happy with that, however if anyone would like to send me
a card, I would like it to be a Christmas card. *25th December is a
Christian festival after all.
I'm not trying to be difficult, but sometimes it seems so
unfashionable to be a Christian and I don't like that.

While I'd love to send you a card, Tweed, if we both end up on this
year's list (did you get my email, Yowie?), I can't guarantee that it
would be a Christmas card due to the way I'd be sending out cards. I
could try to send you a card relating to the nearest Christian
holiday, but it would seem inappropriate to be sending you a
Christmas card if I get to your part of the list in, say, August.

Maeve ^..^ stretched thin around Christmas

I've decided to withdraw from the list this year. No way would I send a
Christmas card as I find a belief in any deity a ridiculous superstition.

Oh, Adrian. Don't withdraw yourself from something you've enjoyed for
many
years because of one person. It's all so.....petty.
The cards I bought (thought I haven't participated in a while) usually
had a cat on
them and the sentiment inside usually wished the receiver Happy
Holidays,
good health, and prosperity in the new year. Or Peace on Earth, etc.
etc.

Would you call *that* a Christmas card? Or does it have to be a very
religious
card with scriptures on it to be classified a "Christmas Card"? Who
knows?
Who really cares? Perhaps the person who is dictating what type of
card they
would like to receive would care to provide an example.

See how silly it all sounds? All this discussion has just ickied up a
really nice tradition.

Sherry