Old February 10th 12, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Vaccinations?

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 00:33:40 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I cannot see any reason where a cat that never goes out would need any. We
don't need rabies shots here and Boyfie has his jabs for whatever is a
dangerous disease for a UK cat as he is allowed out.
If your cat is entirely inside forever I cannot see why they would need any
vaccinations at all, unless a bad cat disease comes in via your
air-conditioning!

My cats don't go out (except Dot occasionally on a walking jacket), but I
get them vaccinated because I go out.

What I don't want to happen is for me to go out, get bitten by a rabid bat,
then come home and bite one of the cats and transmit it to them. Of course,
I don't *want* to bite the cats, but I won't be able to help it you know,
because the rabies would have affected my brain.