Old December 18th 11, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Default Cats lethargic after shots?

"J J Levin" wrote in
:

Our two cats, Edgar and Agatha, got rabies and distemper shots
yesterday, and in the evening became very sleepy and lethargic. They
hardly ate, they did use their litterbox, but all they want is to lie
down and sometimes sleep. They didn't move all night.

This morning, it was the same. Just lying there, sleeping. They'll
raise their head if disturbed, but then they go back to sleep.

Having raised three kids, we are aware that every time our human
babies were inoculated against something, they were quiet and subdued
for a day or two, hardly smiling, often crying more than usual.

This normal in cats too?

Thanks,

Jay

Mine will sleep the rest of the day and evening after shots, but are fine
the next morning.

Bobble