Old January 1st 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cats and fireworks

Hans Schrøder wrote:

So, watch your cats, they react differently, and you should see to that the
cats may have a safe place to go to if they get nervous.

And by this I wish people and animals all over the world, a Happy New Year!

I was watching the cats. because this was Caliban's first New Year and
Miranda was just one month old last New Year's. Caliban did look a bit
worried when the first bangs were heard, but Miranda just wanted out in
the enclosure to watch all the pretty lights. Caliban calmed down
immediately, as he saw me and Miranda being calm about it. So they seem
to be alright with it.

Frank and Nikki used to sit in the window and watch the fireworks on New
Year's Eve, until a few years ago, when Frank suddenly became afraid of
them and had to be reassured and petted all the while it lasted.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi