Old April 19th 05, 04:42 PM
badwilson

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
OK, I've managed to edit one pic down to a manageable size (trimmed
of a lot of the background, adjusted color balance & whatnot), and
still have good detail. If the pic looks 'fuzzy' that's because the
400 zoom lense we have for our camera has a soft focus - Bette Davis
would love it!

Pic located at
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...26203755xrMdhn

Great pic! When we still lived in Vancouver, I'd see bald eagles all
the time. There is a road through farmland on the way to the ferry
where you could see their nests on the trees in the winter when there
were no leaves on the trees. On one drive I counted over 20 eagles
one time. Wish I'd had a good camera then!
I enjoyed reading about your canoe trip too. Reminded me of one
summer when Dennis and I had my parents' small 15 foot boat. On
Canada Day (July 1) we took it to Pitt Lake, this really long 30 km
lake near Vancouver. We had some beers and stopped the boat in the
middle of the lake to suntan in our birthday suits. Suddenly we heard
the sound of an aproaching engine. Looked up and saw a police boat
coming up to us. They had a tall tower on the boat. We scrambled to
get dressed and hide our beers. There were a few young policemen on
the boat and they were smirking down at us from their tower. Asked if
we had any beer. Of course we denied it and they went on their way.
We decided to keep our clothes on for the rest of the day!
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown