Old April 2nd 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default 3-Inch Tall Kitten May Be World's Smallest

On 2006-04-01 12:44:26 -0600, "Christina Websell"

On 2006-03-27 17:18:49 -0600, said:

"Matthew AKA NMR wrote:

http://www.local6.com/news/8261607/detail.html
Was this the result of breeding? I hate it when people breed freaky
animals just to have a world record. It reminds me of those short-leg
cats we were talking about a couple of weeks ago. Breeding cats so they
can't survive on their own is a death sentence if they happen to escape
from their home. I hope this baby will be OK.

Joyce

Looks like a regular moggy to me. I knew a woman that had the tiniest
full grown cat. I bet she weighed 4 lbs. She was itty bitty but not
skinny.

Kitty FC only weighs 4 lbs or so and she's not skinny either, just a
very tiny cat. Out of interest I just measured her, she is 10 and a
half inches high at the shoulder and 15 inches from the top of her head
to the root of her tail.
I don't know if she was born a small kitten or whether her small size
is a result of deprivation of some sort earlier in her life.

When Boyfriend arrived I thought he was huge, but he isn't, he's a
fairly normal size for a British DSH, around 8lbs.

Tweed

She is probably about the same size as that cat. That really is tiny.