Old November 26th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default OT My turkey...

Joy wrote:

ROTFLOL! I assume this was the first turkey you ever cooked?

the very, very first. How DID you know? I suppose the stuck butt gave it away?

I've never heard of putting water in the pan with a roasting turkey.

I relied on my friend's many years of expertise. I'd had her turkeys. They
were always good, flavorful birds: the kind with nice brown skin from their
hours baking in the tanning booth. she swore up and down on putting a bit of
water in the pan. What I didn't know as that brining the bird increases the
juice output considerably: something Mutha-in-Law didn't enlighten me on
until AFTER we put the fire out. She will have much to answer for on
Judgement Day.

Thanks for the laughs. I'm glad it turned out okay.

And I am glad to have brought a smile to someone's face, having done my good
deed. I hope next year it comes out looking like a turkey and not an accident.

Blessed be,
Baha