Old April 23rd 08, 08:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

Default Need opinions - Scared for Sneezy

On Apr 23, 1:36 am, capricious wrote:
On Apr 22, 8:48 pm, mc wrote:

On Apr 22, 10:54 pm, eat@joe's (Joe) wrote:

Also, I would like to ad that veterinarians HAVE to be tough when it
comes to payments. They have to pay out of their pockets for all the
equipment we depend on when we take our cats in for diagnoses. They
have huge out of pocket costs that we may not be thinking of when we
bring our cat in to them for help. It is not fair for them to give one
person extra help when another person (like many other people on this
board) also could use a break financially. So essentially, no one
really wins here. If you can find a veterinarians office that does
somehow get contributions from people who like to give their money
away, you may get further.

But NO ONE is going to offer their services for free.

It is your job to get past that hurdle.

But it is also true that some vets, like mine, do rescue work with
cats and would rather see them in good homes than see them go without
medical help.

That is also why places like the Humane Society can sometimes offer
lower cost services in some cases as well. Many animal rescue services
rely heavily on contributions.

For that reason, if you ever have to go this route you should STRONGLY
consider giving back to these organizations when you get back on your
feet again financially.

As full as most animal rescues are, it is unlikely someone is not
going to take your cat from you without you having to pay some sort of
fee. They may very well see your need and try to help you out.

Rescue organizations are good places to start, they know the vets who
will work with you or won't...

But remember, at first, ALL vets will do everything they can to avoid
looking like they are going to do something for nothing, and it is
only right that they uphold this philosophy, or believe you me,
everyone would take advantage and as you know... That will not work!!!