Old April 23rd 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Need opinions - Scared for Sneezy

"dgk" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:25:29 -0700 (PDT), capricious
wrote:

Sneezy is a formerly-feril cat who about 6 months ago decided he was
going to make our home his home. I was okay with it as long as my 2
cats didn't mind and oddly enough, they didn't seem to. He's since
become a very loving little fellow and has been domesticating himself
VERY well. Best I've ever seen, in fact.

As I read your message I just cringed, because I knew that folks here
get very upset about people not being able to afford to take their
kitty to the vet. I'm with MaryL though, none of us can diagnose the
cat.

As soon as the cat started hiding I would have taken it to the vet
since that is a clear sign that something is seriously wrong. But I'm
not quite destitute so it's ok. In fact, I have to call my vet about
one of my cats who, once again, has developed amazingly stinky runny
poops. It isn't his first time.

As with MaryL, I can tell that you love the cats, so you need at least
ask some vet if there is anyone around who can give a very discounted
price to look at the kitty. Is there a local Humane Society?

This cat is going to die soon, if it has not already. What kind of scumbag
can watch a cat, stoic as they are, suffer that way and not hock their gd
computer or borrow money from someone to take the cat to the vet?

Think about it. What is "pokerslut" playing poker with?

Ugh. What goes around, comes around, is the only consolation.