Old December 9th 09, 09:49 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Bill Graham

Default Renal failure in younger cats

"Kelly Green" wrote in message
. com...

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"Kelly Green" wrote in message

I know the vitamin you mean but don't know where it can be bought.
Duplicating a cats natural diet with raw meat would be difficult as they
eat the entire carcass.

Yes.....I don't feed them raw meat.....It's usually at least partially
cooked.....But chicken is cheap. Sometimes cheaper than cat food. So you
might as well feed it to them. We have a feral male who seldom eats
anything else. I first attracted him into my house by feeding him roasted
chicken....

My cats do get cooked chicken once a week but it's not a balanced diet
since it doesn't contain the entrails which cats eat in nature. To get
the entire chicken carcass one must raise their own chickens (or buy mice
at the pet shops) and be willing to slaughter them. I couldn't do that.

I couldn't either, but I now kind of wish I had bought a small chicken farm
when I first retired and moved up here to Oregon. By now, I would probably
have like 100 cats instead of 5......