Old May 6th 04, 03:51 AM
Cheryl

Default Calming drugs

I don't want to think this but I really think it is time for drugs for
Shamrock. He is just the most obnoxious cat and I don't know what to do.
Shadow spends all the time that I'm home terrified of him, so he sticks
close to me. (they are separated when I'm at work) If he doesn't, he gets
backed into the corner and tries to hiss to get him to back off. He chases
him to the litter box, and poor Shadow sits in the box until I come rescue
him. Now he relentlessly chases Bonnie, and while she didn't used to seem
to mind and enjoyed these games, she doesn't seem to enjoy it anymore. He
won't let up. He has her on the run CONSTANTLY and it must tire her out
more than what is usual. Shamrock has allergies so is at the vet on average
about 4-5 times per year so his vet knows him well and checks him over
every time. The only time I mentioned how horrid he is to Shadow, she
suggested it could be strange cats outside and that certaintly was true, as
I was feeding strays. I don't now (my neighbor is instead) and I haven't
seen any of them hanging out here. This was months ago. All I know is that
Shamrock is just obnoxious. What sort of calming drugs are there for cats
with behavioral issues that can't be controlled in the usual manner? I
keep 2 feliway diffusers at all times.

--
Cheryl