Old April 15th 04, 01:12 PM
Simon Fitzpatrick

I don't leave anything dangerous to cats outside the enclosed rubbish bin.
If Rho wants to drink dirty water from bowls in the sink then that isn't
going to hurt him, even if it is a bit strange that he doesn't want the
clean water in the cat area...
"Dennis Carr" wrote in message
news
Here's a problem I have that I'm certain is universal - cats in the
kitchen trash can.

Maybe it's the occasional empty tin of tuna I put in there, maybe it's
curiousity, but I find that my girls like to get into the trash can - or
worse, topple it. Mind you, our trash can largely contains dry materials
(the vast majority of garbage goes down the sink into the disposer, while
things that can't go down there are simply removed to the dumpsters), so
it's largely non-hazardous and not *terribly* messy - but I'd rather the
cats stay out.

Any one have any good ideas for at the very least preventing the toppling
of the trash?

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.