Old August 30th 03, 09:20 AM

MaryL wrote:

When I was moving, I put my cat in a carrier and then placed that in
a room with a closed door. The movers had instructions not to open
that door, but the carrier was my extra safeguard ... based on the
"Murphy's Law" of assuming that something *will* go wrong.

Good thinking. Last time I moved (4 years ago), I put my two cats into
one of the bathrooms, and instructed the movers not to open that door
under any circumstances! (I also put signs on the door in case anyone
forgot.) Luckily, there were two bathrooms in that apartment, so if
anyone had to use one, there was a second one available that didn't have
any cats in it.

When we got to my new apartment, that was more tricky - I put them in
the bathroom again, but this place only has one bathroom. So when someone
had to use it, I had to make sure the cats didn't get out. That would
have been a good time for me to use the carrier as well!

Joyce