Old May 1st 06, 11:39 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Uneaten canned food

"Kiran" wrote in message
I open a can and put the food in a bowl. The cat decides after a few
sniffs and licks that she's not in mood...

Can the food be saved for later? If so, can I just cover it with a
plastic wrap and refrigerate, or should I put it in a can with tight
lid?

Or, does it really have to be discarded (ouch, at those premium
prices!)?

Yes, you could save it for later if it is refrigerated. It should be fine
as long as it is covered (either plastic wrap or a plastic cover). I
haven't needed to do that because mine eat all of their food, but I did that
for awhile during the "transition" period from dry food to premium canned
food. In addition, I give each cat 1/3 cat of premium canned food (5.5 oz.)
twice a day. I refrigerate the remainder in the original can with a plastic
lid. That leaves 1/3 can, and two of those are then used together for a
meal.

MaryL
Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf