Old July 12th 03, 12:54 PM
MaryL

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message

Greeting me was Kami. You know, the darling fluffy half-Siamese who
has graced my life for 15 years. Stuck to her behind were two good
sized turds that she had tried to scrape away on the carpet what looks
like a few DOZEN times from the living room to the bedroom.

I first donned the elbow-length rubber gloves, grabbed the box of
Huggies Wipes and called, "Here kitty..." If you think brushing a mat
or clipping nails is difficult, try wiping a cat's butt. After much
squirming and hssing, fine. Lick it off. At least I got the big
pieces.

Two hours later all appears to be back in order. As I eat my sandwich,
finally, Kami half-hearted requests a bite. She must know it's futile;
she walks away and sits in her carrier in the closet for the rest of
the evening.

Brandy Alexandre®

I once had a long-haired cat that occasionally would do this because the
stool would get stuck in his long fur. I found that it was much easier (and
more effective) to use a metal comb, get it as close to the body as
possible, and then pull in through to remove as much as possible. Sometimes
the stool had dried enough so that that was all that was necessary. If it
was moist, then I would go on to the next step that you described, but the
comb did a better job of getting rid of most of the damage.

Also, if this happens again, please do not deprive Kami of her meal (or the
bite of your sandwich, if this is something you usually give her). This
isn't something that she did on purpose, and she couldn't have done anything
to prevent it.

MaryL