Old August 26th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default We finally have a sofa!

mlbriggs wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:29:07 -0500, Pat wrote:

I just came from an auction here in town where I bought a comfortable and
not bad-looking sofa for only $20! I think the reason it went for so little
was they left it until the very end, by which time most of the other buyers
had either already left or had spent their money on other stuff.

I've been looking for a decent and affordable sofa ever since I moved to
town, so I am really thrilled. But that's not all - I also got two tables
for another buck, and a box of *cotton* area rugs for $2!! Rugs like these
cost around $20 apiece new at Walmart, and there are three of them in the
box!

So I'm happy as a pig in slop tonight, and tomorrow if I can find a way to
bring the stuff home, the cats will finally have a place to sleep other than
the floor, the cat condo, my desk chair and my bed. I'm sure they'll be just
as thrilled as I am!

Way back when -- my mother bought a sofa from the sister of one of my
friends. This was during WWII After a good brushing, I ran my hands
down the sides and back. I found $4.36 in change. It's worth a try!
MLB

Whoa! Good idea to check for change. :-)
I bought a pair of denim shorts at a garage sale for fifty cents once,
and found a $5 bill in the pocket. That was the best deal I ever made.
:-)

Sherry