Old December 28th 13, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default My Grey Cat is turning brown

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I know from reading about cats all black and grey cats are basically brown.

I just gave Persia a nice brushing. She's not a long-haired cat but she
still has a nice ruff around her neck. Well, I noticed it's turning
brown. Same thing with her chest.

I cannot capture this in a photo, sorry. It is rather surprising.

Jill

I think it's fairly normal for old(ish) black cats to turn brown with age,
so as blue is a dilute form of black, maybe it's not so surprising?
KFC was a black tuxedo and she turned brownish when she was in her teens.
Just a thought.

Tweed