Old December 29th 13, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default I hate Catsan litter

My local shop was out of their own brand so I had to buy this!

First of all it's £2.99 a bag okay the own brand I usually buy
is £3.45 a bag but a bag of that does both boxes and with a bit
left over. This is only enough for one tray but since that was
all they had I eked it out over 2 boxes by mixing it with the
leftover from the other bag.

Secondly the cats seem to take enormous pleasure in using their
box then kicking the stuff out the box. The stuff is like gravel!
I've swept it up as much as I can (waiting til I can get the other
stuff then the Dyson can clean up properly there's not much of a
point diligently sweeping it up and as soon as I've done it
listening to a cat throwing it all over the bathroom floor)

It also gets white powder everywhere as if you'd been mixing cement.
And it doesn't deodorize very well and doesn't last half as long as
other brands at the same price before you have to change it.

I wonder what it's made from? Recycled crematorium ash?