Old March 17th 04, 08:26 AM
Bob Cain

david wrote:

Muhammad's wisdom was in evidence in making regularaly
scheduled daily prayer one of the pillars of Islam. If he
only had spent a bit more time considering the falibility
and social evolution of man and a bit less on the perfection
of Al Lah and himself as the messenger he might have had the
wisdom to establish something after himself on a more
practical level that could have avoided the splits and
bloodshed that soon fouled it and persist to this day.

First of all, you are assuming what you read today as his words are
accurate. A preeeetty big assumption from my pov.

True enough and the history of the Quaran is certainly open
to debate. I've read some interesting points of view that
claim it to be no better authenticated or replicated than
the Christian writings and coopted for later goals just as
ruthlessly. Not, unfortunately, from Islamic scholars.

Second, he was speaking to those of his day. He coulda given two ****s
about people who've yet existed. And as far as building a better sand
castle for "something after himself", I would think that he'd also not
have given two ****s about that either.

That was sorta my point. How could a guy that thought he
was so plugged in have failed to look ahead in such
important ways. That just doesn't compute.

Contrary to your second statement, are you suggesting in the
first one that perhaps he did and it didn't make it through
the ensuing fight for succession? That's all together possible.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein