Old June 24th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

Default Pro-Plan versus Fancy Feast

Alex was recently off his food for a couple of days, so my vet suggested
that I try (canned) Pro-Plan (for the sake of its ostensible palatability),
which I did. He seemed to like a few of the flavors. However, in looking at
the labels, it lists by-products amongst the first four ingredients of mosty
of its flavors (at least the ones I checked), and it's made by the Purina
company just like Fancy Feast, which I buy for my cats (in addition to the
Wellness), but I do consider the Fancy Feast to be "junk food" for cats. To
my mind, I can't see much difference between Pro-Plan and Fancy Feast. I
didn't mind buying the Pro-Plan because Alex did like it, and it was on sale
this week at Petco, which brought it down to the same price as the Fancy
Feast at the supermarket, but does anyone here think there is any real
difference in quality between the two?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.