Old April 5th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

Default Fat Jack

From: "
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 07:58:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fat Jack

I had a female dsh cat... this sounds very strange, I know, but I had
gotten her from the Humane Society and had her kept up on her shots,
worming, etc...

Well, at six months she was well over eight pounds. She was huge. I
kept her on a diet... But she had worms. After we had her wormed she
no longer had the issue - but then I had also kept her on a diet at
that time as well.

Some people say that kittens should be allowed to free feed.

I warn you because it sounds pretty odd. I would have guessed that
worms would cause a cat to get really skinny.

I apologize too because I do not recall what type of worms they were,
but prior to this she had been dewormed once before.

So, for what it is worth...