Old November 20th 05, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default GRrrrrrrr, Anger!!!!!!!!!

I apologize. I am a spoiled little rich girl (at least, in contrast
to a lot of people), and I am embarrassed at my naivety. If all of
these things were going on around me, I would probably be more
inclined to pay attention and speculate. And if I had kids, as
someone mentioned, I absolutely would make it my business to know the
people nearby! That is true, and a point I completely missed.

When I lived in the rough neighborhood, I noticed that most of the
unpleasantness happened to people who were either 1. involved in bad
stuff, 2. careless/dumb, or 3. unlucky. For example, we had a car
torched in the parking lot but that was because the car's owner owed
someone money for drugs. No one torched OUR car because no one there
knew or cared two litterbox treasures about us.

So we 1. stayed away from drugs or other involvement with the problem
people, 2. defended ourselves ie locking doors, ignition disabler in
our car, never leaving stuff in our car that might make it attractive
to thieves, etc and 3. hoped we stayed lucky until we could move, a
year and a half later.

--Fil