Old October 5th 03, 02:18 AM
Jo Firey

This is just about Rosie's favorite place. Jumps into my pants as soon as they hit
the floor and refuses to budge. About half the time I have to step out of the pants,
carry them into the bedroom, and dump the cat out on the bed so I can get redressed.
I'm just grateful she only does this when I'm using the bathroom that connects to out
bedroom.

Jo
--
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran
"CATherine" wrote in message
Frequently, when I am in the smallest room in the house with my pants
around my knees, Amber will come in and reach up to be petted. One
day, with his paws on my knees while I was petting him, he happened to
notice an enticing gap in the leg of my underpants leading into a dark
cavity. Of course no cat can resist a dark hole. There might be a
mouse in it.

Like a shot he leaped into the gap and turned around in the dark
cavity of my ,ahem, womens size pants. Then he settled down and
purred. He must have thought I provided this wonderful nest just for
him, all warm and cosy and smelling like Meowmie.

Then it came time to get up. I jiggled the pants and spoke to him. He
just slapped at the wiggling wrinkles, with his claws. Then, like a
fool, I reached under him from the outside of the pants intending to
dump him out somehow. Suddenly, he was in killer mode with razor
claws. Good thing the pants are heavy material and the color dark
enough not to show blood stains too well.

I finally pushed the pants down to my ankles, destroying the fun
magical cave. He left rather grumpily. But thereafter, everytime I
went to that room he would come barreling in and it became a race to
see if he could get into the cave before I slammed my knees together
and held the waistband with my hands. He would paw at the pants awhile
and then leave. But sometimes he would win.

Then one day the weather was so nice I wore a skirt instead of pants.
He came running in as soon as I sat down. Not wearing pants I hadn't
bothered to slam my knees together. He dived into the gap of my
underpants. And landed on bare floor with light around him. He shook
hiis head and turned around with the most startled expression on his
face.

What happened to his magic cave? He walked back to my knee and reached
up and saw the gap in my panties leg and dived through again. Surely
he had it right this time! But no, there was no cave. He shuddered his
back and then climbed up to my knee again and poked his head through
the gap. No cave. He got down and left in bad humor.

The next day he followed me in there again. But no running. He
carefully looked into the gap for the cave; and if it wasn't there, he
would quickly leave. Finally he gave up for the rest of the warm
season. Then one day he came for pets and spotted the cave and in he
dived before I could react. He was one happy cat with his special
magic cave.

CATherine