Old October 5th 03, 02:29 AM
Jo Firey

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" "evgmsop-no wrote in message

CATherine wrote:

Frequently, when I am in the smallest room in the house with my pants
around my knees, Amber will come in and reach up to be petted. One
day, with his paws on my knees while I was petting him, he happened to
notice an enticing gap in the leg of my underpants leading into a dark
cavity. Of course no cat can resist a dark hole. There might be a
mouse in it.

Like a shot he leaped into the gap and turned around in the dark
cavity of my ,ahem, womens size pants. Then he settled down and
purred. He must have thought I provided this wonderful nest just for
him, all warm and cosy and smelling like Meowmie.

Then it came time to get up. I jiggled the pants and spoke to him. He
just slapped at the wiggling wrinkles, with his claws. Then, like a
fool, I reached under him from the outside of the pants intending to
dump him out somehow. Suddenly, he was in killer mode with razor
claws. Good thing the pants are heavy material and the color dark
enough not to show blood stains too well.

Doesn't your bathroom door have a latch? Even though I keep the
litterbox there, I figure the few minutes privacy I require won't
inconvenience the cats much, and it certainly avoids such awkward
situations!

LOL When I replied to CATherine's post I started thinking that Rosie only does this
when I'm using the little room off my bedroom, but not when I'm in the main bath. I
got bad at closing doors when I had small children and now I'm mostly alone when I'm
home, but you are right. I usually close that door. The door to the smaller bath is
a bit warped from the shower and the room really IS tiny.

Jo