Old December 31st 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Shadow

Adrian wrote:

I'm certain that Shadow is a feral, I first saw him about five years ago
eating cold potatoes that I'd put out for the birds. At first he would run
away even from someone looking out of the window, gradually he got more tame
and now lives in the Summer House where he has a cosey bed and gets fed
every day. I had him neautered earlier this year and he's improved more
quickly since then, he accepts pettings now but hasn't purred yet, I'm sure
he will sometime in 2008.

I've had a couple of cats (never homeless or mistreated,
SFAIK) who NEVER purred! They'd cuddle, lapsit, and
apparently enjoy petting, but nary a purr!