Old April 30th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Default Vet Pet Insurance

My vet also gave me this same advice in late 2002 when I'd had my beige &
white rescue cat Coco about 1/2 year. He was about a year old & during this 6
month period, he'd already been treated 2-3 times for an allergic skin
condition over his eyes. I asked my vet whether I should take out an
insurance policy for him & was told he wasn't eligible for coverage because
of this 'pre-existing' condition. My vet suggested setting aside the same
money each month in a separate bank account for my cats.
M.

cindys wrote:
Hello,

Vet pet insurance is not only good for your pet but for yourself too.
The trend of having vet pet insurance is increasing day by day. Visit
the below link for more details about vet pet insurance.

-------
Vet pet insurance is a ripoff. All it means it that you pay in advance for
routine care. The only way you ever get your money's worth is if you have a
young animal who tragically develops an unforeseen catastrophic illness. In
my experience of looking into getting pet insurance, older animals ("older"
meaning any animal more than 8 years old - my 10 year old healthy cat was
considered uninsurable) and any pre-existing medical condition is not
covered. Also, certain major illnesses, like cancer, require a rider and are
not covered in the basic policy under any conditions. My 10-year-old cat was
initially accepted into the insurance plan. I was required to get a medical
exam and $100 worth of bloodwork, which came back fine. Then, after I paid
for all of that, I was told that she couldn't be insured because of her age
(did her age change overnight?)

As many people on this group have pointed out, it makes a lot more sense to
establish a savings account for your pets and put money into the account
(every month) that is earmarked for medical needs only.

http://vet-petinsurance.blogspot.com/

Vet pet insurance is necessary.

No, it's not.

Vet bills can mount up when it comes
to your furry friend being ill. If you're lucky, you'll be able to pay
for each illness as it comes - and it will, especially with an older
pet.

Older pets are not insurable.

Read more details from:

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
months but some does not give coverage to your pet if he or she is
more than of eight years.

You got that right, and who needs to spend $300/year for insurance to cover
the cost of an annual checkup and vaccinations for a two-year-old cat? It's
cheaper to pay out of pocket.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.