Old October 8th 03, 03:19 PM
LeeAnne

I believe this is the issue my 'nephew kitty' has. A friend of mine is
owned by Benny now and he takes 1/4 of a human pill of some sort, twice a
day, every day and I believe 1/2 of a baby aspirin twice a week. Benny is
very very good about taking the pills because he is so used to it. You
scoop him up, open his mouth, pop it down his throat and then just make sure
he has swallowed it. Takes about 10 seconds.

You have to be committed to taking care of the cat, once you start the meds
you cannot stop them, ever (that's what the vet said). Even though Benny
has been retested and is showing no symptoms of this heart issue he still
needs the meds.

He lives a very happy, healthy life like any other normal cat (if you can
consider cats normal, lol).

When they go away I take care of Benny and he is as good for me w/the pill
taking. So if you have people cat sit, just make sure the cat knows them
very well.

If you don't mind I will forward your email address to my friend who has
Benny and she can probably answer any Q's for you better than I can.

LeeAnne

"turn man" wrote in message
My cat is being tested for HCM and I was wondering if there are any cat
owner's out there who have cats with this disease? If so can you tell me
what kind of lifestyle your cat leads and how old I can expect my cat to
live with the disease?

Thanks!