Old June 28th 03, 07:42 PM
Helen

"Marcel" wrote in message
LS,
our 2 year old female Ragdoll has been eating very little for months now.
She used to have a healthy appetite, but since last February she doesn't
really like to eat.
We've been trying all kinds of food (only dry food, she never touched

canned
food, even when she had an appetite).
We took her to the vet for all kinds of tests, none of which indicated any
kind of disease.
She eats a few pieces of dry food at a time, especially in the morning.

Only
by giving a lot of attention to it we managed to keep her weight up.
She plays and looks healthy. We're sure she doesn't eat elsewhere. She's

not
nurtured.
There are days that she eats better, but mostly it's definitely below
normal.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Marcel
The Netherlands

You don't mention exactly which tests you've had done, but if you haven't
had her heart checked, please take her back to the vet ASAP. My cat also
lost his appetite, and standard tests showed nothing. However, eventually we
discovered he had a form of heart disease called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
(HCM). This disease is more common in Ragdolls, so it has to be a
possibility. Please ask your vet to ultrasound her heart, that is the way to
diagnose this disease. More info he

http://www.felinecrf.org/related_diseases.htm#HCM1

HTH, good luck

Helen