Old May 3rd 04, 09:17 PM
Karen

"TBird" wrote in message
ink.net...
From the time Joe was a kitten, the instant he met my Honey, he climbed
right up on Honey's chest, made himself comfy, and went to sleep.

Now that we all live together, Joe spends his morning following Honey

around
like a big dog. So half the time we call him "The Labrador". He will

bust
through doors to get at my Honey. Which is why, the other half of the

time,
we call him "Battle Cat".

When Honey gets home from work, if he sits on the couch, Joe immediately
gets right up there with/on Honey and settles in, purring madly.

Honey has never fed this cat, nor given him water, nor in anyway

encouraged
this cat to fall madly in love with him. But we all know how cats are.

And
we all know how "men who prefer dogs" are when faced with cats who claim
them.

So there you have Joe, on Honey's chest purring his life away, and Honey
saying, "What have I ever done to deserve this cat?", calling Joe a PITA,
and generally shaking his head each time Joe pulls a ... well, a Joe.

(That
is to say, sprawls on his back with his legs spread, or leaps into our

spot
the moment we get up for a glass of water, or tries to jump on something

he
can't actually hoist his bulk onto.) Heaven forbid Joe go do something on
his own, however, if Honey is on the couch watching TV. It may take a

half
hour, but eventually Honey will look around, stunned, and demand, "WHERE'S
MY LABRADOR!???". And Joe will saunter in from wherever and take up
residence on whatever part of Honey looks the most comfortable for

himself,
and the least comfortable for Honey.

And Honey will grumble about what a pain in the ass Joe is all the while
giving him scritches and pets.

TBird ---- it's our own purrsonal circus

LOL!! SOunds like my dad.

Karen